Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information
Our hospital is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, volunteers and visitors. We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking the necessary steps to ensure we are fully prepared to care for patients, in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in partnership with our local and state health departments.
Below are a number of resources to help educate you and your family on COVID-19. For more information on the virus, please contact the health department.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (www.cdc.gov)
- Local/state health department – https://www.alabamapublichealth.gov/covington/contact.html
- Local emergency management association – http://www.covcounty.com/emergency-management-agency
- State hospital association – https://www.alaha.org/
Novel Coronavirus (COVID–19)
Andalusia Health is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, volunteers and visitors. We are continuing to work closely with our state health department and following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to ensure our hospital is prepared with the appropriate plans to detect, protect and respond should anyone in our community contract or be exposed to the novel coronavirus (COVID–19). Additionally, we are reviewing our facility’s robust emergency operations plan and proactively completing a number of preparation checklists out of an abundance of caution.
Andalusia Health has taken the following measures to prepare, in accordance with CDC guidelines:
- Patients in the Emergency Department and inpatient units are screened based on their recent travel history.
- Personal protective equipment is available, including face masks and eye protection, for example.
- Hand hygiene products are easily accessible throughout the facility.
Importantly, all of the above are standard operating protocols that are in place year-round to help ensure the health and well-being of everyone who enters our hospital.
We want to assure our community that our providers and clinical teams are well-trained and prepared to manage outbreaks of viruses and infectious diseases, including the coronavirus. For more information, contact the state health department or visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.cdc.gov.
For handwashing reminders from the CDC, please click here.
For information on properly wearing a mask per CDC recommendations, please click here.